Maps A new & exact map of the coast, countries and islands within ye limits of ye South Sea Company, from ye river Aranoca to Terra del Fuego, and from thence through ye South Sea, to ye north part of California &c. with a view of the general and coasting trade-winds and perticular draughts of the most important bays, ports &c.
Pacific Coast (South America)
- A new & exact map of the coast, countries and islands within ye limits of ye South Sea Company, from ye river Aranoca to Terra del Fuego, and from thence through ye South Sea, to ye north part of California &c. with a view of the general and coasting trade-winds and perticular draughts of the most important bays, ports &c.
- Contributor Names
- Moll, Herman, -1732.
- Created / Published
- [London] Sold by H. Moll 
- Subject Headings
- - South America
- - Pacific Coast (South America)
- - South America--Pacific Coast
- - Scale ca. 1:32,000,000.
- - Hand colored.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Prime meridian: London.
- - Insets: A chart from England to the river Aranoca &c.--Peypses or Pepys I.--A map of ye Straits of Magellan &c.--A map of the isthmus of Darien the bay of Panama &c.--The island of Juan Ferdinando.--The Gallapagos Islands.--The gulf of Nicoya or gulf of Salinas.--The gulf of Amapalla or Fonesca.--The port of Acapulco.
- - Mounted at top of map: A map of ye port of Baldivia with the fortifications and islands &c.--The bay of Guiaquil &c.--A map of the isle Chiloe, the lake of Ancuna, with the islands &c.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- col. map 44 x 49 cm.
- Call Number
- G5200 1711 .M6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g5200 ct003987 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g5200.ct003987
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.