Maps This map of North America, according to ye newest and most exact observations
Early Works to 1800
- This map of North America, according to ye newest and most exact observations
- Contributor Names
- Moll, Herman, -1732.
- Lens, Bernard, 1682-1740.
- Vertue, George, 1684-1756.
- Bowles, John, 1701-1779.
- Created / Published
- [London] Printed for I. Bowles; sold by H. Moll [1715?]
- Subject Headings
- - North America--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - North America
- - Scale ca. 1:15,000,000.
- - Hand colored.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - "To the Right Honourable John Lord Sommers, Baron of Evesham in ye county of Worcester, President of Her Majesty's most Honourable Privy Council &c."
- - Insets: A view of a stage & also of ye manner of fishing for, curing & drying cod at New Found Land.--St. John's harbour.--Boston harbour.--New York &c.--[Charleston region, S.C.]--Port Royal harbour.--The bay and city of ye Havana.--The bay of Pto. Bella.--La Vera Cruz.--Cartagena harbour and forts.--The port of Acapulco.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 100; 651/1; 700/1; 700/2; 700/3
- map 58 x 97 cm.
- Call Number
- G3300 1715 .M6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3300 ct003985 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3300.ct003985
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.