Maps The United States of America laid down from the best authorities, agreeable to the Peace of 1783.
Articles and Essays with this item:
Early Works to 1800
- The United States of America laid down from the best authorities, agreeable to the Peace of 1783.
- Contributor Names
- Wallis, John, 1714-1793.
- Created / Published
- London, 1783.
- Subject Headings
- - United States--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States
- - Scale ca. 1:6,336,000.
- - Hand colored.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Prime meridian: London.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 754
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- col. map 47 x 56 cm.
- Call Number
- G3700 1783 .W3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3700 ct000080 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3700.ct000080
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
American Women: A Gateway to Library of Congress Resources for the Study of Women's History and Culture in the United States
American Revolution and Its Era: Maps and Charts of North America and the West Indies, 1750 to 1789
Military Battles and Campaigns
Geography and Map Division