Maps A survey of Lake Champlain, including Lake George, Crown Point, and St. John.
Early Works to 1800
George, Lake (N.Y. : Lake)
New York (State)
Valcour Island, Battle Of, N.Y.
- A survey of Lake Champlain, including Lake George, Crown Point, and St. John.
- Contributor Names
- Brasier, William.
- Created / Published
- London, Printed for Robt. Sayer & Jno. Bennett, 1776.
- Subject Headings
- - Champlain, Lake--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Champlain, Lake--History--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - George, Lake (N.Y. : Lake)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Valcour Island, Battle of, N.Y., 1776--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Champlain, Lake
- - United States--New York (State)--George, Lake
- - Scale ca. 1:400,000.
- - Hand colored.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows naval actions at Valcour Island and Buttonmold Bay in Oct. 1776.
- - From the publishers' The American military pocket atlas. 
- - Includes indexes to points of interest and descriptive text.
- - Includes text, "Explanation of the engagement, between Valcour Island, and the Western Shore, October the 11th. 1776," and inset "A particular plan of Lake George surveyed in 1756, by Capt. Jackson."
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1073
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy 3, on verso, in ink: 6.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 651/1; 651/2; 650/3; 710/1
- col. map, 66 x 48 cm.
- Call Number
- G3802.C45 1776 .B7
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3802c ar107300 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3802c.ar107300
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.