Maps The attack and defeat of the American fleet under Benedict Arnold, by the Kings fleet commanded by Captn. Thos. Pringle, upon Lake Champlain, the 11th of October, 1776.
Early Works to 1800
New York (State)
Valcour Island, Battle Of, N.Y.
- The attack and defeat of the American fleet under Benedict Arnold, by the Kings fleet commanded by Captn. Thos. Pringle, upon Lake Champlain, the 11th of October, 1776.
- Contributor Names
- Faden, William, 1749-1836.
- Created / Published
- London, 1776.
- Subject Headings
- - Valcour Island, Battle of, N.Y., 1776--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--New York (State)--Valcour Island
- - United States--Vermont--Grand Isle
- - Scale ca. 1:70,000.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Includes "An account of the expedition of the British fleet on Lake Champlain, under the command of Captain Thomas Pringle, and of the defeat of the rebel fleet, commanded by Benedict Anrold [sic] on the 11th and 13th of October, 1776. Taken from the letters of Sir Guy Carleton, Captains Douglass and Pringle, dated off Crown Point, 15th October, 1776."
- - Based on manuscript no. 21 in Library of Congress. Faden Collection.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1173
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- col. map, 27 x 42 cm. on sheet 49 x 61 cm.
- Call Number
- G3802.V25S3 1776 .F3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3802v ar117300 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3802v.ar117300
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.