Maps Map & profile of the Virginia & Tennessee Rail Road.
Blackford, W. W.
Virginia and Tennessee Railroad Company
- Map & profile of the Virginia & Tennessee Rail Road.
- Contributor Names
- Blackford, W. W. 1831-1905. (William Willis),
- Created / Published
- Richmond, lith of Ritchie & Dunnavant, 1856.
- Subject Headings
- - Virginia and Tennessee Railroad Company
- - Railroads--Virginia
- - United States--Virginia
- - Scale 1:316,800; 5 miles to 1 in.
- - Hand colored.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - LC Railroad maps, 599
- - Strip map of Virginia between Lynchburg and Bristol, Tenn. Shows drainage, coal and copper fields, county boundaries, cities, towns, and roads. Chartered March 24, 1848, under the name of Lynchburg abd Tennessee Railroad. Consolidated in 1871 under Atlantic, Mississippi, and Ohio Railroad. See entry 331. [From published bibliography]
- - Across bottom of map: Profile of Va. & Tenn. R.R., 5 x 42 in.
- - Includes "Table of curvatures," "Table of amounts," and "Elevation above the level of the sea of the rails."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- col. map 49 x 109 cm.
- Call Number
- G3881.P3 1856 .B51
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3881p rr005990 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3881p.rr005990
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Railroad Maps, 1828 to 1900
Transportation and Communication Cartographic Items
Geography and Map Division