Maps Map & profile of the Virginia & Tennessee Rail Road.
Blackford, W. W.
Blackford, W. W. (William Willis)
Ritchie & Dunnavant
Virginia and Tennessee Railroad Company
- Map & profile of the Virginia & Tennessee Rail Road.
- Strip map of Virginia between Lynchburg and Bristol, Tenn. Shows drainage, coal and copper fields, county boundaries, cities, towns, and roads. Chartered March 24, 1848, under the name of Lynchburg abd Tennessee Railroad. Consolidated in 1871 under Atlantic, Mississippi, and Ohio Railroad. See entry 331. [From published bibliography]
- Contributor Names
- Blackford, W. W. (William Willis), 1831-1905.
- Ritchie & Dunnavant.
- Created / Published
- Richmond, lith of Ritchie & Dunnavant, 1856.
- Subject Headings
- - Virginia and Tennessee Railroad Company--Maps
- - Railroads--Virginia--Maps
- - United States--Virginia
- - Scale 1:316,800; 5 miles to 1 in.
- - Hand colored.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - LC Railroad maps, 599
- - Across bottom of map: Profile of Va. & Tenn. R.R., 5 x 42 in.
- - Includes "Table of curvatures," "Table of amounts," and "Elevation above the level of the sea of the rails."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - AACR2
- col. map 49 x 109 cm.
- Call Number
- G3881.P3 1856 .B51
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.