Maps Draught of the Bay of Honduras and the Musqueto Shoar.
Articles and Essays with this item:
Gulf of Honduras
Early Works to 1800
Honduras, Gulf Of
- Draught of the Bay of Honduras and the Musqueto Shoar.
- Contributor Names
- Robertson, George, master of H. M. S. Dolphin.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Nautical charts--Honduras, Gulf of--Early works to 1800
- - Honduras, Gulf of--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Honduras--Honduras, Gulf of
- - Scale ca. 1:430,000.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Has watermark.
- - Oriented with north to the left.
- - Relief shown pictorially. Depths shown by soundings.
- - "Variation 6d. 30 m. easterly in the year 1764."
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 2127
- - LC Luso-Hispanic World, 61
- - Shows part of the coasts of Honduras and Belize.
- - In pencil: 32.
- - Includes table "Latitude of the different points of land in the Bay of Honduros & the Musqueto Shoar."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 100; 650/1; 651/2
- col. map 104 x 77 cm.
- Call Number
- G4802.H6P5 1764 .R6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g4802h ar212700 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4802h.ar212700
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.