Sketch of the road from Paulus Hook and Hobocken to New Bridge.
Paulus Hook Region
Paulus Hook Region
- Sketch of the road from Paulus Hook and Hobocken to New Bridge.
- Contributor Names
- Hills, John,
- Created Published
- Subject Headings
- - Roads--New Jersey--Hudson County
- - Roads--New Jersey--Paulus Hook Region
- - Manuscript maps
- - United States--New Jersey--Hudson County.
- - United States--New Jersey--Paulus Hook Region.
- - Scale ca. 1:24,000; 800 paces to an in.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Has watermarks.
- - Oriented with north toward the upper left.
- - Relief shown pictorially and by shading.
- - Authorship attributed to B. Morgan and J. Hills in the table of contents of the collection.
- - Includes note Fort Constitution "Evacuated by the rebels, 18th Novr. 1776."
- - Accompanied by Hills map collection title page and table of contents.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1285
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Col. Map ; 72 X 61 Cm.
- Call Number
- G3813.H7P2 1778 .H5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3813h ar128500 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3813h.ar128500
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.