Maps Plan of Fort Lyon on Eagle Hill above Alexandria, Va.
Sneden, Robert Knox
Fort Lyon (Va.)
Heintzelman, Samuel Peter
- Plan of Fort Lyon on Eagle Hill above Alexandria, Va.
- Shows a detailed drawing of Union Fort Lyon located on Eagle Hill in Fairfax County, Va. This fort was the headquarters for Major General Samuel Peter Heintzelman, U.S.A.
- Contributor Names
- Sneden, Robert Knox, 1832-1918.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Heintzelman, Samuel Peter,--1805-1880
- - Fairfax County--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Fort Lyon (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Fairfax County
- - United States--Virginia--Fort Lyon
- - NOTE: Researchers will be served a color photocopy of this diary image.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - This item is from the collections of the Virginia Historical Society; please contact the institution for more information.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- - Robert Knox Sneden Scrapbook (Mss5:7 Sn237:1), Virginia Historical Society, Richmond, Va.
- - In the Robert Knox Sneden Diary (Mss5:1 Sn237:1 v. 3, p. 699).
- - Manuscripts
- 1 map : pen-and-ink and watercolor ; 17 x 13 cm.
- Virginia Historical Society, P.O. Box 7311, Richmond, VA 23221-0311 USA vau
- Digital Id
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.