Maps Defences [sic] of Vicksburg, Decr. 1862
Sneden, Robert Knox
- Defences [sic] of Vicksburg, Decr. 1862
- Map shows the area surrounding Vicksburg, Miss., including Warrenton, in December of 1862 at the time of the initial and unsuccessful Union assault, and on the eve of Grant's siege of the city. The Vicksburg & Texas and the Vicksburg & Jackson railroads are also indicated.
- Contributor Names
- Sneden, Robert Knox, 1832-1918.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Vicksburg (Miss.)--History--Siege, 1863--Maps
- - United States--Mississippi--Vicksburg Region
- - Color coding indicates the location of Confederate fortifications.
- - NOTE: Researchers will be served a color photocopy of this diary image.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- - In the Robert Knox Sneden Diary (Mss5:1 Sn237:1 v. 4, p. 172).
- - Manuscripts
- 1 map : pen-and-ink and watercolor ; 6 x 13.5 cm.
- Virginia Historical Society, P.O. Box 7311, Richmond, VA 23221-0311 USA vau
- Digital Id
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.