Maps Battle of Cumberland Church, Va.
Sneden, Robert Knox
Cumberland County (Va.)
- Battle of Cumberland Church, Va.
- Map shows the area between Farmville, Va., and Cumberland Courthouse to the north. This was a small skirmish just north of Farmville in Cumberland County on April 7, 1865, just following action at Highbridge and Rice's Station.
- Contributor Names
- Sneden, Robert Knox, 1832-1918.
- Created / Published
- [S.l., 1865]
- Subject Headings
- - Appomattox Campaign, 1865--Maps
- - Cumberland County (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Cumberland County
- - Appomattox Campaign
- - Color coding indicates the location of Union and Confederate forces.
- - NOTE: Researchers will be served a photocopy of this diary image.
- - Printed map with annotations by R. K. Sneden.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - This item is from the collections of the Virginia Historical Society; please contact the institution for more information.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- - In the Robert Knox Sneden Diary (Mss5:1 Sn237:1 v. 6, p. 465).
- - Manuscripts
- 1 map : printed with pen-and-ink and watercolor annotations ; 14 x 11 cm.
- Virginia Historical Society, P.O. Box 7311, Richmond, VA 23221-0311 USA vau
- Digital Id
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.