Maps Plan of the Battle of Gaines' Mill, Virginia, fought June 26th 1862.
Sneden, Robert Knox
Gaines' Mill, Battle Of, Va
Gaines' Mill, Battle Of, Va.
Hanover County (Va.)
Seven Days' Battles, Va
Seven Days' Battles, Va.
- Plan of the Battle of Gaines' Mill, Virginia, fought June 26th 1862.
- While dated June 26th, the Battle of Gaines' Mill was actually fought on the 27th, the third day of the Seven Days' Battles. This map shows Hanover County, Va., with the Chickahominy River to the south, the town of Cold Harbor to the north, Powhite Creek to the west, and Elder Swamp to the east.
- Contributor Names
- Sneden, Robert Knox, 1832-1918.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Gaines' Mill, Battle of, Va., 1862--Maps
- - Seven Days' Battles, Va., 1862--Maps
- - Peninsular Campaign, 1862--Maps
- - Hanover County (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Hanover County
- - Gaines' Mill, Battle of, Va
- - Seven Days' Battles, Va
- - Peninsular Campaign
- - NOTE: Researchers will be served a color photocopy of this scrapbook image.
- - Color coding indicates the location of Union and Confederate forces.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - This item is from the collections of the Virginia Historical Society; please contact the institution for more information.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- - In the Robert Knox Sneden Scrapbook (Mss5:7 Sn237:1 p. 160).
- - Manuscripts
- 1 map : pen-and-ink and watercolor ; 13.5 x 17 cm.
- Virginia Historical Society, P.O. Box 7311, Richmond, VA 23221-0311 USA vau
- Digital Id
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.