Maps Contours of Union forts on south side of Potomac, 1862 [map].
- Contours of Union forts on south side of Potomac, 1862 [map].
- Other Title
- Union forts on the Virginia shore
- This map shows the names and configurations of Union fortifications on the Virginia side of the Potomac River in 1862, and in some cases lists the name of the regiment that built the structure.
- Contributor Names
- Sneden, Robert Knox, 1832-1918.
- Created / Published
- [S.l., 1864-1865]
- Subject Headings
- - Fortification--United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- - Potomac River--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Virginia, Northern--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Washington Metropolitan Area (D.C.)--Maps
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington Metopolitan Area
- - United States--Virginia
- - United States--Potomac River
- - NOTE: Researchers will be served a photocopy of this scrapbook image.
- - This item is from the collections of the Virginia Historical Society; please contact the institution for more information.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- - In the Robert Knox Sneden Scrapbook (Mss5:7 Sn237:1 p. 73).
- - Manuscripts
- 1 map : pen-and-ink and watercolor ; 28 x 33 cm.
- Virginia Historical Society, P.O. Box 7311, Richmond, VA 23221-0311 USA vau
- Digital Id
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.