Maps Chattanooga A chart of the battle between the forces of Gens. Grant and Braxton Bragg, fought Nov. 24-5 1863.
Sneden, Robert Knox
Missionary Ridge, Battle Of, Tenn
Missionary Ridge, Battle Of, Tenn.
- Chattanooga A chart of the battle between the forces of Gens. Grant and Braxton Bragg, fought Nov. 24-5 1863.
- Detail of a printed map to which Sneden has added color and arrows to highlight the lines of Union advance on Missionary Ridge (Sherman's forces from the north on the Confederate right and Hooker's from the south on the Confederate left) and the Confederate retreat toward Dalton, Ga.
- Contributor Names
- Sneden, Robert Knox, 1832-1918.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Missionary Ridge, Battle of, Tenn., 1863
- - Tennessee--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--Tennessee--Chattanooga Region
- - Missionary Ridge, Battle of, Tenn
- - Color coding indicates the location of Union and Confederate forces.
- - NOTE: Researchers will be served a photocopy of this scrapbook image.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - This item is from the collections of the Virginia Historical Society; please contact the institution for more information.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- - In the Robert Knox Sneden Scrapbook (Mss5:7 Sn237:1 p. 422).
- - Manuscripts
- 1 map : pen-and-ink and watercolor ; 43 x 31.5 cm.
- Virginia Historical Society, P.O. Box 7311, Richmond, VA 23221-0311 USA vau
- Digital Id
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.