Maps Greensville Co. east of the Halifax road and that portion of No. Ca. included between the Petersburg and S.& R. Rl. Rds.
Confederate States of America. Army. Dept. of Northern Virginia. Chief Engineer's Office
Gilmer, Jeremy Francis
Greensville County (Va.)
- Greensville Co. east of the Halifax road and that portion of No. Ca. included between the Petersburg and S.& R. Rl. Rds.
- Contributor Names
- Confederate States of America. Army. Dept. of Northern Virginia. Chief Engineer's Office.
- Created / Published
- [S.l. : Chief Engineer's Office, D.N.V., 1863].
- Subject Headings
- - Gilmer, Jeremy Francis,--1818-1883--Map collection
- - Railroads--Virginia--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- - Greensville County (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Greensville County
- - "Map from the Confederate Engineer Bureau in Richmond, Va. General J.F. Gilmer, Chief Engineer[.] Presented to the Virginia Historical Society by his only daughter, Mrs. J.F. Minis, Sav[ana]h, Ga."--Note on map.
- - Forms part of the Gilmer Map Collection.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows towns, waterways, roads, geographic features and land owners.
- - Title handwritten on map.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- - Gift of Mrs. Louisa Porter (Gilmer) Minis (i.e., Mrs. J. F. Minis), Savannah, Ga., in 1911.
- - Manuscripts o.s.
- 1 map : col. on linen ; 97 x 89 cm. on 2 sheets.
- Virginia Historical Society, P.O. Box 7311, Richmond, VA 23221-0311 USA vau
- Digital Id
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.