Books | Collection | Manuscripts/Mixed Material Irving Fine collection
Articles and Essays with this item:
Music Division, Library of Congress
- Irving Fine collection
- Created / Published
- Music Division, Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., 2006, monographic.
- Subject Headings
- - Fine, Irving -- 1914-1962
- - Fine, Irving -- 1914-1962 -- Correspondence
- - Fine, Irving -- 1914-1962 -- Autographs
- - Composers -- Correspondence
- - Musicians -- Portraits
- - Bernstein, Leonard -- 1918-1990 -- Correspondence
- - Copland, Aaron -- 1900-1990 -- Correspondence
- - Foss, Lukas -- 1922- -- Correspondence
- - Ginastera, Alberto -- 1916-1983 -- Correspondence
- - Rorem, Ned -- 1923- -- Correspondence
- - Schuman, William -- 1910-1992 -- Correspondence
- finding aid
- - Irving Fine, American composer, teacher, and conductor, was born in Boston, Mass., on Dec. 3, 1914. He studied composition with Walter Piston at Harvard University and with Nadia Boulanger in Cambridge, Mass., and in Paris, 1France, and choral conducting with A.T. Davison, and orchestral conducting with Serge Koussevitzky. From 1939 until 1950, when he was appointed professor at Brandeis University, he also taught at Harvard. Fine was chairman of the Brandeis School of Creative Arts and served on the composition staff of the Tanglewood Music Center (formerly the Berkshire Music Center). He received two Guggenheim Fellowships, a Fulbright Research Fellowship for France, and many other awards. In addition to his composing, Fine wrote articles and reviews. Irving Fine died in Boston on Aug. 23, 1962.
- - Digitized images along with identifying information and a narrative introduction are also available through the Library of Congress Web site under the title: The Irving Fine collection, ca. 1914-1962, produced for the National Digital Library Program, American Memory collections.
- - The collection contains gifts Verna Fine 1964-1991.
- - The collection contains forty unpublished tapes transferred to Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division.
- - Irving Fine collection (1930-1993, bulk 1950-1962) Music Division, Library of Congress.
- 25 p. ; 21 cm.
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Related Resources
- http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.music/collmus.mu000004 (American memory presentation)
- Other Formats
- - METSXML Record
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record