Manuscripts/Mixed Material Passing for traditional the New Lost City Ramblers and folk music authenticity, 2011 September 9
American Folklife Center
Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
History and Criticism
New Lost City Ramblers
- Passing for traditional the New Lost City Ramblers and folk music authenticity, 2011 September 9
- Contributor Names
- Allen, Ray.
- American Folklife Center (sponsor)
- Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) (collector)
- Created / Published
- 2011, monographic.
- Subject Headings
- - n-us---
- - Seeger, Mike -- 1933-2009
- - Cohen, John -- 1932-
- - Paley, Tom
- - New Lost City Ramblers.
- - Folk music -- United States -- History and criticism
- - Folk musicians -- United States
- - lecture by Ray Allen. (statement of responsibility)
- - Ray Allen, speaker. (performers)
- - Recorded in the Mary Pickford Theater, James Madison Building, Library of Congress on September 9, 2011 from 12:00 to 1:00 p.m. (venue)
- - Passing for traditional: the New Lost City Ramblers and folk music authenticity, lecture by Ray Allen (AFC 2011/045), Archive of Folk Culture, American Folklife Center, Library of Congress, Washington, D.C. (preferred citation)
- - Ray Allen, professor, Brooklyn College, CUNY,is the author of Gone to the Country: The New Lost City Ramblers and the Urban Folk Music Revival (Urbana, Ill. : University of Illinois Press, 2010). (biographical/historical)
- 1 folder.
- 1 video file (58 min.) : digital, sound, color.
- DLC-AFC Archive of Folk Culture, American Folklife Center, 101 Independence Ave., S.E., Washington, DC USA 20540-4610
- Other Formats
- Access Condition
- Collection is open for research. Access may be restricted. To request materials, please contact the Folklife Reading Room at http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.afc/folklife.contact Duplication of the collection materials may be governed by copyright and other restrictions.
Performing Arts Encyclopedia