Film, Video JAZZ 625: DEREK SMITH/EDDIE THOMPSON
(Theme) Steve Race
Prod: Terry Henebery
- JAZZ 625: DEREK SMITH/EDDIE THOMPSON
- Contributor Names
- prod: Terry Henebery (director)
- (theme) Steve Race (composer)
- Created / Published
- - Information from: "Jazz on the Screen" by David Meeker. Used with permission. (Source)
- - Made-for-TV series.
- - Medium length film (30-60 minutes).
- - "The gypsy in my soul" by Moe Jaffe, Clay Boland (DS); "Waltz on the wild side" by Derek Smith (DS); "Love for sale" by Cole Porter (DS); "Shepherd's pie" by Eddie Thompson (ET); "Happy days are here again" by Jack Yellen, Milton Ager (ET); "Put on a happy face" by Lee Adams, Charles Strouse (ET); "Now's the time" by Charlie Parker (DS, ET). (Songs)
- - Introduced by Steve Race:- Derek Smith, piano; Jeff Clyne, acoustic double bass; Ronnie Stephenson, drums; and Eddie Thompson, piano; Spike Heatley, acoustic double bass; Tony Carr, drums. (Personnel on Camera)
- - Recorded on13th September 1964 in The Marquee Jazz Club, London.
- - Jazz on the Screen is a reference work of filmographic information and does not point to digitized versions of the items described. The Library of Congress may or may not own a copy of a particular film or video. To request additional information Ask a Librarian (http://www.loc.gov/rr/askalib/ask-record.html).
- motion picture
- Other Formats
- - METSXML Record
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owner and/or other rights holder (such as holder of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
The content of Jazz on the Screen: a Jazz and Blues Filmography by David Meeker is copyrighted by David Meeker and used here by permission of the author.
Jazz on the Screen reflects the opinions of its author, David Meeker, and not the views of the Library of Congress.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
Jazz on the Screen is a reference work of filmographic information and does not point to digitized versions of the items described. The Library of Congress may or may not own a copy of a particular film or video. To request additional information Ask a Librarian.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.