Film, Video SHOREDITCH
Rick Taylor, Steve Brown, (Additional) Nigel Hitchcock, Neil Sidwell
- Contributor Names
- Malcolm Needs (director)
- Rick Taylor, Steve Brown, (additional) Nigel Hitchcock, Neil Sidwell (composer)
- Paul Spong (music_supervisor)
- Created / Published
- - Information from: "Jazz on the Screen" by David Meeker. Used with permission. (Source)
- - Feature film (over 60 minutes).
- - "My man" by Channing Pollock, Maurice Yrain; "Mama, I wanna make rhythm"; "Begin the beguine" by Cole Porter; "It’s jump time"; "When a woman loves a man" by Billy Rose, Ralph Rainger; "Ballin’ the jack" by Jim Burris, Chris Smith; "Don’t explain" by Arthur Herzog, Jr., Billie Holiday; "Don’t get caught"; "Spracklin’ about"; "Elsie’s play on"; "Woodchopper’s ball" by Woody Herman, Joe Bishop; "Ain’t misbehavin’" by Andy Razaf, Fats Waller, Harry Brooks; "Body and soul" by Edward Heyman, Robert Sour, Frank Eyton, John Green; "Leap frog" by Leo Corday, Joe Garland; "Beer barrel polka" by Lew Brown, Jaromir Vejvoda; "Cookin’ at the Say When"; "Fine and mellow" by Billie Holiday; "Not makin’"; "Carada"; "Someone to love me". (Songs)
- - The Band:- Lee Bateman, Dave Cliff, Richard Cottle, Ray Fensome, Simon Gardner, Alex Garnet, Dave Hartley, John Hinch, Nigel Hitchcock, Andy MacIntosh, Malcolm Maddox, Neil Mitchell, Mark Nightingale, Noel Norris, Neil Shatliff, Neil Sidwell, Richard Sidwell, Paul Spong, Rick Taylor, Julian Wakeman. Jacqui Dankworth as Tilly Lester; Joely Richardson, Dane Bowers, Lance Ellington, Tommy Blaize as vocalists. (Personnel on Camera)
- - Kenny Christie, Graeme Clark, Laurence Cottle, Chris Dagley, Tommy Duffy, Stuart Edge, Orlando Flemming, Gavin Harrison, Ollie Hayhurst, Greg Heath, Mike Kiersy, Andy MacIntosh, Steve Melling, Paul Morgan, David Newton, Scott Povey, James Powell, Ralph Salmins, Paul Scott, Mack Shone, Neil Sidwell, Mike Smith, Clark Tracey, Jim Watson. (Soundtrack Personnel)
- - Jazz on the Screen is a reference work of filmographic information and does not point to digitized versions of the items described. The Library of Congress may or may not own a copy of a particular film or video. To request additional information Ask a Librarian (http://www.loc.gov/rr/askalib/ask-record.html).
- motion picture
- Other Formats
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owner and/or other rights holder (such as holder of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
The content of Jazz on the Screen: a Jazz and Blues Filmography by David Meeker is copyrighted by David Meeker and used here by permission of the author.
Jazz on the Screen reflects the opinions of its author, David Meeker, and not the views of the Library of Congress.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
Jazz on the Screen is a reference work of filmographic information and does not point to digitized versions of the items described. The Library of Congress may or may not own a copy of a particular film or video. To request additional information Ask a Librarian.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.