Film, Video JAZZ SCENE AT THE RONNIE SCOTT CLUB: GARY BURTON, BILL COLEMAN-BUDDY TATE, BUDDY RICH
(Theme) Francy Boland
Prod: Terry Henebery
- JAZZ SCENE AT THE RONNIE SCOTT CLUB: GARY BURTON, BILL COLEMAN-BUDDY TATE, BUDDY RICH
- Contributor Names
- prod: Terry Henebery (director)
- (theme) Francy Boland (composer)
- Created / Published
- - Information from: "Jazz on the Screen" by David Meeker. Used with permission. (Source)
- - Made-for-TV series.
- - Medium length film (30-60 minutes).
- - 1. "On the third day", "Ballet" by Michael Gibbs; "Portsmouth figurations" by Steve Swallow. 2. "In a mellow tone" by Milt Gabler, Duke Ellington. 3. "The rotten kid" by Buddy Greco, arr Dick Grove; "Alfie" by Hal David, Burt Bacharach; "Greensleeves" (trad.), adapt Piestrup. (Songs)
- - Presented by Ronnie Scott:- 1. The Gary Burton Quartet:- Gary Burton, vibraphone; Dave Pritchard, guitar; Steve Swallow, electrc bass; Bill Goodwin, drums. 2. The Bill Coleman-Buddy Tate Quintet:- Bill Coleman, fluegel horn; Buddy Tate, tenor sax; Jay McShann, piano; Spike Heatley, acoustic double bass; John Marshall, drums. 3. Buddy Rich and his Orchestra:- Mike Price, George Zonos, Kenny Faulk, John Deflon, trumpet; Rick Stepton, Malcolm Griffiths, Don Switzer, trombone; Pat LaBarbera, Richie Cole, Quinn Davis, Don Englart, Joe Calo, reeds; David Lahm, piano; Rick Laird, electric bass; Buddy Rich, drums. (Personnel on Camera)
- - 1. Recorded 28th October 1969. 2. Recorded 27th October 1969. 3. Recorded 9th November 1969.
- motion picture
- Other Formats
Performing Arts Encyclopedia