Film, Video LIVE AU NEW MORNING 2001
- LIVE AU NEW MORNING 2001
- Contributor Names
- Patrick Savey (director)
- Created / Published
- - Information from: "Jazz on the Screen" by David Meeker. Used with permission. (Source)
- - Made-for-TV series.
- - Medium length film (30-60 minutes).
- - 2. "The pump"; "Blues force"; "It was only yesterday"; "Red house"; "Don't give it up"; "Room 335"; "Put it where you want it" by Joe Sample. 7. "On a misty night"; "If you could see me now" by Carl Sigman, Tadd Dameron; "Hot house" by Tadd Dameron; "Theme for Ernie"; "Charlie Chan"; "Good bait"; "Embraceable you" by Ira and George Gershwin; "Abstractions on 52nd Street"; "Focus". 8. "Running away"; "Django" by John Lewis; "Moonlight city"; "Trust"; "Monty's groove" by Monty Alexander; "September"; "Too marvelous for words" by Johnny Mercer, Richard A. Whiting; "Young at heart" by Dorothy Fields, Johnny Richards; "Put your little foot right out"; "Two bass hits"; "Love you madly", "Come Sunday", "Creole love call", "David danced before the Lord with all his might" by Duke Ellington; "Hope"; "No woman no cry"; "Battle hymn". (Songs)
- - 1. Robben Ford, electric guitar; Louis Pardini, keyboards; Jimmy Earl, acoustic double bass; Brannen Temple, drums. 2. The Larry Carlton and Steve Lukather Band:- Rick Jackson, keyboards; Larry Carlton, guitar; Steve Lukather, guitar, vocal; Chris Kent, acoustic double bass; Gary Ferguson, drums. 3. Gil Scott Heron. 4. The Richard Bona Group:- Aaron Heick, sax; Etienne Stadwick, keyboards; Sheryl Bailey, guitar; Richard Bona, guitar, acoustic double bass, vocal; Nathanial Townsley, drums; Daniel Sadownick, percussion. 5. E.S.T:- Esbjörn Svensson, piano; Dan Berglund, acoustic double bass; Magnus Öström, drums. 6. The Hank Jones Trio:- Hank Jones, piano; George Mraz, acoustic double bass; Dennis McMackrell, drums. 7. The Joe Lovano Nonet:- Barry Reis, trumpet; Larry Farrell, trombone; Steve Slagle, alto sax; Joe Lovano, Ralph Lalama, tenor sax; Gary Smulyan, baritone sax; John Hicks, piano; Dennis Irwin, acoustic double bass; Lewis Nash, drums. 8. The Monty Alexander Trio:- Monty Alexander, piano; Bobby Thomas, Jr., acoustic double bass; Hassan W. Shakour, drums. 9. The Archie Shepp Band. 10. The Niels Lan Doky Group. 11. Christian Escoudé and Pierre Boussaguet. 12. Paolo Fresu. 13. Lou Donaldson. 14. The Freddie Hubbard Octet. 15. Mike Mainieri. 16. Aldo Romano. 17. Paco Sery. 18. Erik Truffaz. 19. Paquito D'Rivera. 20. Eddie Palmieri. (Personnel on Camera)
- - 1. Recorded on 5th May 2001. 2. Recorded on 9th July 2001. 4. Recorded 21st November 2001. 5. Recorded 12th November 2001. 6. Recorded 13th November 2001. 7. Recorded 16th July 2001.
- - Jazz on the Screen is a reference work of filmographic information and does not point to digitized versions of the items described. The Library of Congress may or may not own a copy of a particular film or video. To request additional information Ask a Librarian (http://www.loc.gov/rr/askalib/ask-record.html).
- motion picture
- Other Formats
- - METSXML Record
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owner and/or other rights holder (such as holder of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
The content of Jazz on the Screen: a Jazz and Blues Filmography by David Meeker is copyrighted by David Meeker and used here by permission of the author.
Jazz on the Screen reflects the opinions of its author, David Meeker, and not the views of the Library of Congress.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
Jazz on the Screen is a reference work of filmographic information and does not point to digitized versions of the items described. The Library of Congress may or may not own a copy of a particular film or video. To request additional information Ask a Librarian.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.