Film, Video JAZZ AID
- JAZZ AID
- Created / Published
- - Information from: "Jazz on the Screen" by David Meeker. Used with permission. (Source)
- - Made-for-TV programme or made-for-video/DVD release.
- - Feature film (over 60 minutes).
- - 1. "Trumpet blues" by Harry James, Jack Matthias. 2. "Teach me tonight" by Sammy Cahn, Gene De Paul; "September in the rain" by Al Dubin, Harry Warren. 3. "A foggy day" by Ira and George Gershwin. 4. "There is no greater love" by Marty Symes, Isham Jones. 6. "Midnight in Moscow" by Kenny Ball, Jan Burgers. 7. "Rockin' chair" by Hoagy Carmichael; "The joint is jumpin'" by Andy Razaf, Fats Waller, James C. Johnson. 8. "Manteca" by Dizzy Gillespie, Gil Fuller. 10. "Sands like Latin". 11. "All because of you"; "My way" by Paul Anka, Jacques Revaux, Claude François. 12. "Won't you tell me why?"; "Love me or leave me" by Gus Kahn, Walter Donaldson; "It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing" by Irving Mills, Duke Ellington. (Songs)
- - 1. The Pete Long Big Band (Tony Fisher, trumpet; Andy Flaxman, trombone; Roy Willox, alto sax; Pete Long, clarinet, md) backing:- 2. Jacqui Dankworth, vocal. 3. Ian Shaw, vocal. 4. Cameron Pierre, elctric guitar; Alex Wilson, piano. 5. Tina May, vocal. 6. Kenny Ball, trumpet. 7. George Melly, vocal; Digby Fairweather, trumpet. 8. Dennis Rollins, trombone. 9. Courtney Pine, tenor sax; Cameron Pierre, electric guitar. 10. Alex Wilson, piano. 11. Richard Shelton, vocal. 12. John Dankworth, clarinet, alto sax; Alec Dankworth, acoustic double bass; Cleo Laine, vocal. (Personnel on Camera)
- - A charity concert recorded at The Sands Venue, Gainsborough.
- - Jazz on the Screen is a reference work of filmographic information and does not point to digitized versions of the items described. The Library of Congress may or may not own a copy of a particular film or video. To request additional information Ask a Librarian (http://www.loc.gov/rr/askalib/ask-record.html).
- motion picture
- Other Formats
- - METSXML Record
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owner and/or other rights holder (such as holder of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
The content of Jazz on the Screen: a Jazz and Blues Filmography by David Meeker is copyrighted by David Meeker and used here by permission of the author.
Jazz on the Screen reflects the opinions of its author, David Meeker, and not the views of the Library of Congress.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
Jazz on the Screen is a reference work of filmographic information and does not point to digitized versions of the items described. The Library of Congress may or may not own a copy of a particular film or video. To request additional information Ask a Librarian.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.