Archived Web Sites Canada and Sub-Saharan Africa : The crisis in Sudan
Download options: 1721 captures from March 20, 2006 to November 20, 2006 across 649 pages.
Archived Web Sites
Dept. of Foreign Affairs and International Trade
1983 to 2006
- Canada and Sub-Saharan Africa : The crisis in Sudan
- Canada has been working actively to address the root causes of conflicts throughout Sudan, which have led to the humanitarian and human rights crises most notably in the south - for which a peace accord was signed 9 January, 2005 - and in the western region of Darfur. Canada works diplomatically through multilateral and bilateral channels to convey the concerns of the Government of Canada. Regarding the recently resolved southern civil war, Canada worked closely with other members of the international community to urge the Government of Sudan and the Sudan Peoples Liberation Movement to negotiate in good faith. Canada is engaged in working to resolve the conflict in Darfur, in the western region of Sudan, in order to stop the violence. Canada is also responding to the human rights and humanitarian situation.
- Contributor Names
- Canada -- Dept. of Foreign Affairs and International Trade
- Subject Headings
- - Sudan -- History -- Darfur Conflict, 2003-
- - Sudan -- History -- Civil War, 1983-2005
- - Human rights -- Sudan -- Darfur
- - International relief -- Sudan -- Darfur
- - Canada -- Foreign relations -- Sudan
- - Sudan -- Foreign relations -- Canada
- web site
- Library of Congress, Washington, DC., 20540 dlc
- Other Formats
- Source Url
- Access Condition
- Access restricted to on-site users at the Library of Congress.