Manuscripts/Mixed Material Inventory of Middle Eastern glass, pottery, and tiles, Vester & Co.-American Colony Store, Jerusalem, for the University of Pennsylvania Museum
American Colony (Jerusalem)
Frederick Vester & Co.
American Colony in Jerusalem
American Colony Store
University of Pennyslvania
Vester & Co.
- Inventory of Middle Eastern glass, pottery, and tiles, Vester & Co.-American Colony Store, Jerusalem, for the University of Pennsylvania Museum
- Contributor Names
- American Colony (Jerusalem)
- Frederick Vester & Co. (Compiler)
- Created / Published
- Unpublished, September 4, 1913
- Subject Headings
- - American Colony in Jerusalem
- - Vester & Co.--American Colony Store
- - Antiquities--Middle East
- - Jerusalem--Development--Commercial enterprise
- - University of Pennyslvania--Museum
- - Manuscripts
- - Palestine -- Jerusalem
- - Typed document, 8 pp. On Fr[ederick] Vester & Co.--The American Colony Store letterhead, 1913. From Jerusalem, addressed to The University [of Pennsylvania] Museum, care of Dr. Gordon, 33rd & Spruce St., Philadelphia. Inventory (with Frederick Vester & Co. inventory numbers) of glass bottles, vases, pitchers, bowls, cups, and dishes, Persian tiles, Arabian urn, marble capital, terra cotta head, and other objects, with indication of source, origin (including Damascus, Nazareth, Jaffa, Aleppo, Jerusalem, Beisan, Hebron, and other locations), and value. Total value of inventory $27,030.50.
- typescript 11 1/2" x 8 3/4"
- Call Number
- Part I, Box 2, Folder 14: American Colony in Jerusalem
- Source Collection
- American Colony in Jerusalem Collection
- Manuscript Division
- Digital Id
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress has reviewed the copyright status of the documents presented from collection and is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights.
The written permission of the copyright owners (and/or other rights holders) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for determining the legal status of an item and securing any necessary usage permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
To cite illustration materials appearing in the framework of this site, please refer to repository, collection, and digital filename information provided in the captions of the individual items.
When citing individual essays or features in the framework, or searchable digitized primary materials included in this online presentation, please credit as follows: Library of Congress, Manuscript Division, American Colony in Jerusalem Collection. Please include digital filename and/or URL.
To inquire about reproductions of Manuscript Division items found in American Memory, contact the Library of Congress Duplication Services.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.