Manuscripts/Mixed Material Letter from Bertha Spafford Vester to Agnes Goldman
- Letter from Bertha Spafford Vester to Agnes Goldman
- Contributor Names
- American Colony (Jerusalem)
- Vester, Bertha Spafford, 1878-1968 (Author)
- Goldman, Agnes (Addressee)
- Created / Published
- July 6, 1920
- Subject Headings
- - Vester, Bertha Spafford, 1879-1968
- - Goldman, Agnes
- - Pool, Dr. de Sola
- - van Vriesland, Siegfried, 1886-1939
- - Larson, Miss
- - Spafford, Anna T., 1842-1923
- - British Mandate--Palestine
- - Stanley, J. Herbert (1872-1955)
- - Jews--Palestine
- - Manuscripts
- - Correspondence
- - Palestine -- Jerusalem
- - Carbon copy of typed letter from Vester to Miss Goldman, written from American Colony, Jerusalem, July 6, 1920, with handwritten postscript by Vester dated July 10, 1920. Re donations to support non-sectarian American Colony charitable work in Jerusalem. Mention of arrival of first High Commissioner (Herbert Samuel, High Commissioner 1920-1925) and declining health of Anna Spafford.
- letter 11" x 8 1/2"
- Call Number
- Part I, Box 3, Folder 17: American Colony in Jerusalem
- Source Collection
- American Colony in Jerusalem Collection
- Manuscript Division
- Digital Id
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress has reviewed the copyright status of the documents presented from collection and is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights.
The written permission of the copyright owners (and/or other rights holders) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for determining the legal status of an item and securing any necessary usage permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
To cite illustration materials appearing in the framework of this site, please refer to repository, collection, and digital filename information provided in the captions of the individual items.
When citing individual essays or features in the framework, or searchable digitized primary materials included in this online presentation, please credit as follows: Library of Congress, Manuscript Division, American Colony in Jerusalem Collection. Please include digital filename and/or URL.
To inquire about reproductions of Manuscript Division items found in American Memory, contact the Library of Congress Duplication Services.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.