Manuscripts/Mixed Material Record book listing girls receiving support through the Christian Herald Orphanage, as supervised by the American Colony
Christian Herald Orphanage
Vester, Bertha Spafford
American Colony in Jerusalem
Christian Herald Orphanage
Christian Herald Relief Fund
- Record book listing girls receiving support through the Christian Herald Orphanage, as supervised by the American Colony
- Contributor Names
- Vester, Bertha Spafford, 1878-1968 (Creator)
- Christian Herald Orphanage (Associated name)
- Created / Published
- ca. 1920-1927
- Subject Headings
- - American Colony in Jerusalem--Charities
- - Christian Herald Orphanage
- - Christian Herald Relief Fund
- - Manuscripts
- - Palestine
- - Black leather-bound record book with listing of information about individual girls involved in the Christian Herald Orphanage and its outreach, as conducted by the American Colony. Individual listings include a newspaper clipping photograph of each girl, with a clipping of statement about her, and hand written notes re her patron(s), money received in her support, family background, and other details. The book concludes with a list of special contributions from donors.
- - Girls as listed in the book are: Evelina Izrak; Jadeelie Saig; (Khadegie Inwaked?); Marie Aboud; Fareedy Elias; Milly Halaby; Malvina Zananderie (Asma Najla Aish?); Katrina Hishy (Julia Halaby's daughter); Erfat Ersas; Wahebie Ersas; Marie Nasra; Lydia Farrah; Aishey Abdul Azeez; Guldusta Bada; Khadigie Ersas; Zulfa Ersas; Naheel Katooha; Rafeha el Yousef; Hannie Salfeetie [Salfetie]; Widad Kattan; Eda Kattan; Mary Elias; Julia Elias; Nellie Elias (also a photograph of her patron, S. A. Lawrance of Clearwater, Fla.); Zaheye Fallace [Zahieh Fallas]; Faruze Saallah; Fatme Saalah; Julie Imsarsa; Marika Pooligo [Poulitho]; Ecrevy Moussa; Margaret Anastas; Alice Anastas; Khadigie Rifka Goshie; Julia Adelle Muhdah; Helanie Muhdah; Fatoume Goshie; Jameelie Goshie; Asma Wahbie; Victoria Skander Urphalie; Elizabeth (Waceelie) Zwaizenkoff; Katrina Zwaizenkoff.
- - Inserted correspondence re Christian Herald Orphanage girls, support, and management include A. Strand to Bertha Vester, ca. 1923; F. W. Cornwall to Miss Nixon, May 27, 1923; Alice W. Jones to Bertha Vester, Feb. 20, 1927; notes of July 1923; and a handwritten receipt noting contribution of Mrs. W. M. McKinney of Spruce Pine, N.C., Aug.-Sept. 1922.
- bound volume 13" x 8" closed
- Call Number
- Part 1, Box 3, Folder 12: American Colony in Jerusalem
- Source Collection
- American Colony in Jerusalem Collection
- Manuscript Division
- Digital Id
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress has reviewed the copyright status of the documents presented from collection and is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights.
The written permission of the copyright owners (and/or other rights holders) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for determining the legal status of an item and securing any necessary usage permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
To cite illustration materials appearing in the framework of this site, please refer to repository, collection, and digital filename information provided in the captions of the individual items.
When citing individual essays or features in the framework, or searchable digitized primary materials included in this online presentation, please credit as follows: Library of Congress, Manuscript Division, American Colony in Jerusalem Collection. Please include digital filename and/or URL.
To inquire about reproductions of Manuscript Division items found in American Memory, contact the Library of Congress Duplication Services.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.