United States. Army Map Service
- Italy 1:250,000.
- Translated Title
- Series M 591
- Contributor Names
- United States. Army Map Service.
- Created Published
- Washington, 1942.
- Subject Headings
- - Italy
- - Italy.
- - Scale 1:250,000.
- - Some sheets oversize.
- - Military grid.
- - Relief shown by hill shading, with spot heights.
- - Three classes of railroads, and seven classes of roads and paths are shown.
- - Copied from Italian maps. Superseded by British War Office series: G.S.G.S. 4230.
- - "Conventional signs [and] Abbreviations" on sheet 26.
- - Marginal diagram: Index to adjoining sheets.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 56 (I.E. 62) Col. Maps. 46 X 32 Cm.
- Call Number
- G6710 s250 .U5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g6710 ct000614 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g6710.ct000614
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.