Americae sive qvartae orbis partis nova et exactissima descriptio /
- Americae sive qvartae orbis partis nova et exactissima descriptio /
- Contributor Names
- Gutiérrez, Diego,
- Created Published
- [Antwerp : s.n.], 1562.
- Subject Headings
- - Western Hemisphere
- - America
- - Western Hemisphere.
- - America.
- - Covers North and South America with the adjacent seas.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - From the Rosenwald Collection, Library of Congress, no. 1303.
- - Originally printed on 6 sheets.
- - Described in Quarterly Journal of the Library of Congress, v. 6, no. 3 (May 1949), p. 18-20.
- - Includes texts in cartouche, statements of dedication, coats-of-arms, ill. of allegorical figure "Victoria", and ill. of sailing ships at sea and imaginary marine creatures.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC sheet trimmed.
- 1 Map ; 83 X 86 Cm., On Sheet 100 X 102 Cm.
- Call Number
- G3290 1562 .G7
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3290 ct000342 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3290.ct000342
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Discovery and Exploration
Mapping the National Parks
Additional Conservation and Environment Cartographic Items
Geography and Map Division