Books | Maps Atlas sive Cosmographicæ meditationes de fabrica mvndi et fabricati figvra.
- Atlas sive Cosmographicæ meditationes de fabrica mvndi et fabricati figvra.
- Other Title
- Cosmographicae meditationes de fabrica mvndi et fabricati figvra
- Atlas sive Cosmographicae meditationes de fabrica mundi et fabricati figura
- Contributor Names
- Mercator, Gerhard, 1512-1594.
- Created / Published
- Dvisbvrgi Clivorvm 
- Subject Headings
- - Atlases
- - Geography
- - World maps
- - Germany--Duisburg
- - Germany--Düsseldorf
- - The first part, originally published in 1585, is composed of three fascicles, each with a special t. p.: Galliæ tabulę geographicæ ; Belgii Inferioris geographicæ tabulę ; Germaniae tabulę geographicæ. The second part, originally published in 1589, has special t. p.: Italiae, Sclavoniæ, et Graeciæ tabulę geographicę.
- - The third part, under whose title the work is published, precedes the first and second parts. Left unfinished by the author, it was completed, and the whole work edited and published by his son, Rumold Mercator, in 1595.
- - LC copy bound in contemporary brown calf binding stamped in blind, with one border and some vignettes in gilt. The letters T. D. N. G. M. S. appear in gilt on front cover, and the date in gilt, on the back of the book. DLC
- - Rosenwald 730
- - Phillips 5918, 5919
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- - LC copy from the library of F.E. Lauber, with his bookplate. DLC
- 3 pts. in 1 v. port., 107 col. maps (part fold.) 45 cm.
- Call Number
- G1007 .A7 1595
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.