Letter from Archibald MacLeish to Marianne Moore, March 10, 1944
Library of Congress
Officials and employees
Selection and appointment
- Letter from Archibald MacLeish to Marianne Moore, March 10, 1944
- Contributor Names
- Moore, Marianne, 1887-1972
- MacLeish, Archibald, 1892-1982
- Created Published
- March 10, 1944
- Subject Headings
- - Library of Congress--Poetry
- - Library of Congress--Officials and employees--Selection and appointment
- - Archibald MacLeish asks Marianne Moore to accept the position of Consultant in Poetry at the Library of Congress.
- Call Number
- Location: Container 953, Poetry 2-2, 1939-51
- Source Collection
- Library of Congress Archives-Central File: MacLeish/Evans
- Library of Congress, Manuscript Division, Washington, D.C. 20540
- Digital Id
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as "works for hire" (copyright held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
The Library of Congress has researched the contents of this collection to ascertain any possible legal rights embodied in the materials. Many of these items are in the public domain, that is, not subject to copyright protection under the laws of the United States. Items included in this collection with the permission of rights holders are listed below. For further use or reproduction of those items contact the rightsholders listed.
- Photograph, Alice in Wonderland Manuscript Presented to British Museum
by Luther Harris Evans, undated, made available here with permission from
Suite 308, 1100 S. PCH, Laguna Beach, California 92651
- Photograph of Joseph Auslander, undated, made available here with
permission from Bachrach Studio.
21 S. Washington Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314
- Letter from W. Somerset Maugham to Archibald McLeish, July 6, 1945,
made available here with permission from A.P. Watt Ltd.
20 John Street, London, WC1N2DR, United Kingdom
- Letter from Marianne Moore to Archibald MacLeish, March 13, 1944, made available here with permission from Marianne Craig Moore, Literary Executor for the Estate of Marianne Moore.
- Photograph, Opening of the Lincoln Papers, undated, made available here
with permission from WTOP.
3400 Idaho Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C. 20016
- Letter from Allen Tate to Archibald MacLeish, April 23, 1943, made available
here with permission from Helen H. Tate.
3922 Dorcas Drive, Nashville, Tennessee 37215
Citing Resources from Freedom's Fortress: The Library of Congress, 1939-1953
Researchers citing this collection should include the following information: Freedom's Fortress: The Library of Congress, 1939-1953 Manuscript Division, Library of Congress, Washington, D.C.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Freedom's Fortress: The Library of Congress, 1939-1953