Photos, Prints, Drawings Rehearsing with Garden of the Gods at Colorado Springs for the Equal Rights Pageant to be given there by the National Woman's Party Sept. 23 in which women from 10 western states will participate. Group of singers of the Declaration of 1848 which demands Equal Rights for women.
Photos, Prints, Drawings
H.L. Standley, Colorado Springs, Colo
National Woman's Party
- Rehearsing with Garden of the Gods at Colorado Springs for the Equal Rights Pageant to be given there by the National Woman's Party Sept. 23 in which women from 10 western states will participate. Group of singers of the Declaration of 1848 which demands Equal Rights for women.
- Contributor Names
- H.L. Standley, Colorado Springs, Colo. (Photographer)
- Created / Published
- [1923 Sept.]
- Subject Headings
- - National Woman's Party
- - Suffragists--United States--1920-1930
- - Women--Suffrage--Colorado
- - Pageants
- - Photographs
- - United States -- Colorado -- Colorado Springs
- - Summary: Photograph of group of women in nineteenth-century costume standing outside, large rock formation in background.
- - Title transcribed from item.
- - Photograph published in Equal Rights 1, no. 35 (Oct. 13, 1923): 279.
- 1 photograph: print; 7.75 x 9.75 in.
- Call Number
- Location: National Woman's Party Records, Group I, Container I:159, Folder: Garden of the Gods Pageant, Colorado, Sept. 23, 1925
- Source Collection
- Records of the National Woman's Party
- Manuscript Division
- Digital Id
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as "works made for hire" (copyright held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. See Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and to hear from individuals or institutions having any additional information. Please contact us through our Ask A Librarian service.
Researchers wishing to quote from or refer to special presentation features and pdfs included in this digital site should cite the title of the feature and the following digital collection information: Women of Protest: Photographs from the Records of the National Woman's Party, Manuscript Division, Library of Congress, Washington, D.C. Please include the URL of the web page being cited and the date of access. Citations to the individual photographs from the collection should include the photograph title and date, Records of the National Woman’s Party, Manuscript Division, Library of Congress, Washington, D.C. Please see the bibliographic records for the individual photographs for further detail.
The Library of Congress has researched the contents of this collection to ascertain any possible legal rights embodied in the materials. Items included in this collection with the permission of right holders are listed below. For further use of reproduction of those items, please contact the rights holders listed.
Two photographs, “Muriel Lynch (and daughter?),” and “Dorothy Thompson, Journalist,” made available here with permission from Bachrach Studio. 321 S. Washington Street, Alexandria, VA 22314
Availability of Reproductions
To inquire about reproductions of Manuscript Division items found in American Memory, contact the Library of Congress Duplication Services.
For Further Information
If you have comments or additional questions, please contact us.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.