Film, Video Battle of Chemulpo Bay /
- Battle of Chemulpo Bay /
- A historical re-enactment of a naval battle in Chemulpo Bay off the coast of Korea during the Russo-Japanese war. Shows a Japanese ship damaging one Russian vessel and sinking another.
- Contributor Names
- Porter, Edwin S., camera.
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc.
- Kleine (George) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
- Niver (Kemp) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : Thomas A. Edison, Inc., 1904.
- Subject Headings
- - Chemulpo, Battle of, Inch'ŏn, Korea, 1904
- - Russo-Japanese War, 1904-1905--Naval operations
- - Russo-Japanese War, 1904-1905--Campaigns--Korea--Inchʻŏn
- - Naval battles
- - H44434 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: Thomas A. Edison, Inc.; 12Apr1904; H44434.
- - Photographer, Edwin S. Porter.
- - Titles lacking from viewing print (copy 1), dupe neg pic (copy 1) and non-viewing print.
- - Titles added to viewing print (copy 2) and dupe neg pic (copy 2) during restoration.
- - Paper print shelf number (LC 1954) was changed when the paper prints were re-housed.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Photographed April 18, 1904 in the Edison studios, New York, N.Y.
- - Sources used: Niver, K. Early motion pictures, p. 25; Kleine catalog, p. 8-9.
- - Early motion pictures : the Paper Print Collection in the Library of Congress / by Kemp R. Niver. Library of Congress. 1985.
- - The George Kleine Collection of early motion pictures in the Library of Congress : a catalog / prepared by Rita Horwitz and Harriet Harrison with the assistance of Wendy White. Library of Congress, 1980.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (59 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (59 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- non-viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (59 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- viewing print (copy 2) 1 film reel of 1 (84 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg pic (copy 2) 1 reel of 1 (84 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- master pos pic 1 film reel of 1 (84 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- paper pos 1 roll of 1 (ca. 150 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos (copy 2) 1 roll of 1 (ca. 150 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
- Call Number
- FLA 1377 (viewing print)
- FRA 3633 (dupe neg pic)
- FRA 3634 (non-viewing print)
- FLA 4968 (viewing print, copy 2)
- FRA 1953 (dupe neg pic, copy 2)
- FRA 3634 (master pos pic)
- Box 0118A (paper pos)
- Box 5702B (paper pos, copy 2)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D. C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- mtfmi frntr3 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mbrsmi/mtfmi.frntr3
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in the Inventing Entertainment: The Motion Pictures and Sound Recordings of the Edison Companies, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is anxious to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are reproduced courtesy of the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 720, Oyster Bay, NY 11771: U.S. Troops Landing at Daiquirí, Cuba; Troops Making Military Road in Front of Santiago; Pack Mules with Ammunition on the Santiago Trail, Cuba.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.