Film, Video St. Patrick's Day parade, Lowell, Mass.
Articles and Essays with this item:
Saint Patrick's Day
- St. Patrick's Day parade, Lowell, Mass.
- Created / Published
- United States : Thomas A. Edison, Inc., [ca. 1905].
- Subject Headings
- - Parades
- - Saint Patrick's Day
- - Holidays
- - Lowell (Mass.)
- - Copyright: no reg.
- - Duration: 3:21 at 16 fps.
- - Shows policemen and men in top hats and formal riding attire carrying large bunches of flowers as they parade on horseback. Angle changes slightly as a marching band carrying a drum inscribed Bugle Corps, Lowell appears, followed by a uniformed military group carrying rifles and marching in formation. Angle changes to show carriages and the rest of the procession. Scene changes to a building, pans to the steps, and shows a clerical figure in robes exiting from the church and waving his hat in acknowledgement. No titles.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Received: 3/27/47 from USDA lab; ref print, dupe neg & arch pos purchase, replacing 35 mm. nitrate original received ca. 1959; Kleine (George) Collection.
- 1 reel of 1 (80 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. ref print.
- 1 reel of 1 (80 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. dupe neg.
- 1 reel of 1 (80 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. arch pos.
- Call Number
- FLA 1783 (ref print)
- FRA 4418 (dupe neg)
- FRA 4419 (arch pos)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D. C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- awal 4190 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mbrsmi/awal.4190
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in America at Work, America at Leisure: Motion Pictures from 1894-1915, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.