Film, Video TR speaking at [Pueblo] Colorado, 1912 /
Articles and Essays with this item:
Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (Library of Congress)
Progressive Party (U.S. : 1912)
Speeches, Addresses, Etc., American
- TR speaking at [Pueblo] Colorado, 1912 /
- Other Title
- Theodore Roosevelt speaking at Pueblo, Colorado, 1912
- As part of a Western tour, TR addresses crowd in his campaign for the Presidency under the Progressive Party banner in what appears to be Pueblo, Colorado, on September 19, 1912. Long shots of gathered crowd, with views of two cameramen on a platform with the sign: Mile High Photo Co., Denver. Views from varying distances of TR speaking with prepared text, from a decorated gazebo; three unidentified men seated inside gazebo; long shots of crowd, with some people on horseback, and a body of water visible in background.
- Contributor Names
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919.
- Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : [s.n.], 1912.
- Subject Headings
- - Political parties--Colorado
- - Presidents--United States--Election--1912
- - Pueblo (Colo.)
- - Speeches, addresses, etc., American
- - Progressive Party (U.S. : 1912)
- - Copyright: no reg.
- - RMA lists location in title as Denver, Colorado.
- - Sources used: Rocky Mountain news, Denver, 9/20/12, p. 1-3.
- - Arch pos slightly out of frame throughout.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - ref print, dupe neg and archival pos; Received: 5/68 from UDSA lab; preservation; Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection.
- - Received: 1967; transferred to LC from NPS, NPS acquired from RMA, RMA purchased from Braunstein; arch pos slightly out of frame throughout; transferred to safety from LC nitrate at USDA lab: 5/1968.
- ref print. 1 reel of 1 (34 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg. 1 reel of 1 (34 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- arch pos. 1 reel of 1 (34 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- Call Number
- FAB 0674 (ref print)
- FRA 5715 (dupe neg)
- FRA 5716 (arch pos)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- trmp 4163 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mbrsmi/trmp.4163
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are made available here with permission from the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 719, Oyster Bay, N.Y. 11771 (Internet address: firstname.lastname@example.org):The Story of the Panama Canal 
T. R.'s Return from Africa, 1910 
A Visit to Theodore Roosevelt at His Home at Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay, L.I., 1912
Roosevelt, Friend of the Birds 
The Roosevelt Dam 
The River of Doubt .
Permission may be needed from the Theodore Roosevelt Association before using these films for other purposes.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.