Film, Video Shall we prepare? /
Articles and Essays with this item:
- Shall we prepare? /
- Other Title
- TR speaking at Sagamore
- TR in Metropolitan Magazine office, 1916
- Theodore Roosevelt speaking at Sagamore
- Theodore Roosevelt in Metropolitan Magazine office, 1916
- Created / Published
- United States : Paramount Pictures, 1916.
- Subject Headings
- - Roosevelt, Theodore,--1858-1919,--Military leadership
- - Speeches, addresses, etc., American
- - Sagamore Hill National Historic Site (Oyster Bay, N.Y.)
- - Copyright: no reg.
- - Editors, Frederick Palmer, Henry Reuterdahl.
- - Appearing: President Theodore Roosevelt, Carl Hovey.
- - Duration: 3:03 at 18 fps.
- - Copies vary in length due to longer printing of interior titles.
- - Two sequences of TR: Sequence 1: views of TR walking onto the porch of Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay, N.Y., facing the camera, and then speaking on military preparedness during WWI; Sequence 2: views of TR sitting at his desk in the Metropolitan Magazine office in New York City and speaking with a man who may be Carl Hovey, editor of the magazine.
- - Roosevelt Memorial Association numbers: RMA 305-01-02; RMA 321-07-04; RMA 321-07-03. DLC
- - MAVIS 1204275; Shall we prepare? DLC
- - Sources used: The Moving picture world. v. 27, no. 8, 1916:1236; Metropolitan magazine. v. 43, no. 5, 1916:72-73; Moving picture world, v. 27.7, p. 1116; Moving picture world, v. 27.8, p. 1380.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - National Park Service acquired from RMA. RMA purchased from Bray. Ref print (FEA 7636), dupe neg (FPB 8076) and masterpos: flash titles, blank frames, portions out of frame. DLC
- - viewing print, dupe neg, masterpos, non-viewing pos; Received: May 1968 from USDA lab; preservation; Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection.
- viewing print. 1 film reel of 1 (101 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- viewing print. 1 film reel of 1 (106 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- viewing print (copy 2) 1 film reel of 1 (206 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg. 1 film reel of 1 (107 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg. 1 film reel of 1 (106 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg (copy 2) 1 film reel of 1 (206 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- masterpos. 1 film reel of 1 (106 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- non-viewing pos. 1 film reel of 1 (101 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- Call Number
- FAB 0691 (viewing print)
- FEA 7636 (viewing print)
- FEA 7637 (viewing print, copy 2)
- FRA 5726 (dupe neg)
- FPB 8076 (dupe neg)
- FPB 8077 (dupe neg, copy 2)
- FPB 8078 (masterpos)
- FRA 5727 (non-viewing pos)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- trmp 4098 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mbrsmi/trmp.4098
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are made available here with permission from the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 719, Oyster Bay, N.Y. 11771 (Internet address: email@example.com):The Story of the Panama Canal 
T. R.'s Return from Africa, 1910 
A Visit to Theodore Roosevelt at His Home at Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay, L.I., 1912
Roosevelt, Friend of the Birds 
The Roosevelt Dam 
The River of Doubt .
Permission may be needed from the Theodore Roosevelt Association before using these films for other purposes.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film
Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division