Last known home of Czar Nicholas /
Articles and Essays with this item:
Emperor of Russia
Prisoners and Prisons
Prisoners of War
- Last known home of Czar Nicholas /
- Created Published
- United States : [s.n., 1918?].
- Subject Headings
- - Nicholas--II,--Emperor of Russia,--1868-1918--Assassination.
- - Ekaterinburg (Russia)
- - Soviet Union--History--Prisoners and prisons.--Revolution, 1917-1921
- - Siberia (Russia)--History--Revolution, 1917-1921.
- - Prisoners of war--Russia (Federation)--Siberia.
- - Copyright: no reg.
- - Photographer, Paul Rainey.
- - Duration: 1:05 at 18 fps.
- - Last 22 frames of film printed upside down. DLC
- - Camera pans the home of a merchant named Ipatiev, where Nicholas II, last Russian emperor, and his royal family were executed in Ekaterinburg (Sverdlovsk), July 1918. Second sequence is views of men, identified by interior title as Bolshevik prisoners, standing behind barbed wire as guards patrol.
- - Roosevelt Memorial Association number: RMA 315-06-03. DLC
- - MAVIS 1808024; Last known home of Czar Nicholas. DLC
- - Sources used: Martin, John S., A picture history of Russia, 1945, p. 211; P&P portrait file; Roosevelt Memorial Association list.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - viewing print, non-viewing pos; Received: May 1968 from USDA lab; preservation; Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection.
- - Received: 1967; transferred to LC from NPS, NPS acquired from RMA, gift to RMA from Church of All Nations; last 22 frames of film printed upside down; transferred to safety from LC nitrate at USDA lab: May 1968.
- Viewing Print. 1 Film Reel of 1 (47 Ft.) : Si., B&W ; 16 Mm.
- Non Viewing Pos. 1 Film Reel of 1 (47 Ft.) : Si., B&W ; 16 Mm.
- Call Number
- FAB 0744 (viewing print)
- FRA 5796 (non-viewing pos)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- trmp 4126 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mbrsmi/trmp.4126
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are made available here with permission from the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 719, Oyster Bay, N.Y. 11771 (Internet address: email@example.com):The Story of the Panama Canal 
T. R.'s Return from Africa, 1910 
A Visit to Theodore Roosevelt at His Home at Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay, L.I., 1912
Roosevelt, Friend of the Birds 
The Roosevelt Dam 
The River of Doubt .
Permission may be needed from the Theodore Roosevelt Association before using these films for other purposes.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film
Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division