Film, Video TR speaking to a group of men from the porch at Sagamore Hill /
Articles and Essays with this item:
- TR speaking to a group of men from the porch at Sagamore Hill /
- Other Title
- Theodore Roosevelt speaking to a group of men from the porch at Sagamore Hill
- theodore roosevelt speaking to a group of men from the porch at sagamore hill
- Created / Published
- United States : [s.n.], 1916.
- Subject Headings
- - United States.--Army.--New York Infantry Regiment, 7th (Militia), (1806-1922)
- - Bands (Music)
- - Presidents--Nomination.--United States
- - Presidents--Election--1916.--United States
- - Speeches, addresses, etc., American
- - Oyster Bay (N.Y.)
- - Sagamore Hill National Historic Site (Oyster Bay, N.Y.)
- - Copyright: no reg.
- - Duration: 1:27 at 16 fps.
- - Film is out of frame briefly at ca. ft. 12.
- - Sources used: New York tribune, 5/28/16, pt. 1, p.1-2; 6/4/16, pt. 5, p. 1; Harvard University Library, Theodore Roosevelt Collection.
- - On May 27, 1916, groups of men, the 7th Regiment Band, and several children march on the road from the Oyster Bay railroad station to Sagamore Hill to demonstrate their support of TR for the 1916 Presidential nomination. Views of TR addressing the large crowd assembled on the lawn of Sagamore Hill. The rally was organized by the Roosevelt Non-Partisan League of New York City.
- - MAVIS 13080. DLC.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as digital files.
- - Received: 5/1968 from USDA lab; viewing print (copy 1), dupe neg; preservation; Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection.
- - Received: 8/15/1995 from Bono lab; viewing print (copy 2); preservation; Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection.
- - Received: 1967; transferred to LC from NPS, NPS acquired from RMA, RMA purchased from International Newsreel Company; film is out of frame briefly at ca. ft. 12; transferred to safety from LC nitrate at USDA lab: 5/1968.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 35 ft) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. viewing print.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 35 ft) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. viewing print (copy 2)
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 35 ft) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. dupe neg.
- Call Number
- FAB 0879 (viewing print)
- FAB 7630 (viewing print, copy 2)
- FRA 5866 (dupe neg)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- trmp 4167 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mbrsmi/trmp.4167
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are made available here with permission from the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 719, Oyster Bay, N.Y. 11771 (Internet address: email@example.com):The Story of the Panama Canal 
T. R.'s Return from Africa, 1910 
A Visit to Theodore Roosevelt at His Home at Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay, L.I., 1912
Roosevelt, Friend of the Birds 
The Roosevelt Dam 
The River of Doubt .
Permission may be needed from the Theodore Roosevelt Association before using these films for other purposes.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.