Film, Video TR at Sagamore Hill  /
Articles and Essays with this item:
- TR at Sagamore Hill  /
- Other Title
- TR at Sagamore Hill, 1917-1918
- Theodore Roosevelt at Sagamore Hill, 1916
- Created / Published
- United States : [s.n., 1915 or 1916].
- Subject Headings
- - Sagamore Hill National Historic Site (Oyster Bay, N.Y.)
- - Presidents--Nomination.--United States
- - Presidents--Election--1916.--United States
- - Exhibitions
- - Speeches, addresses, etc., American
- - Oyster Bay (N.Y.)
- - San Francisco (Calif.)
- - Panama-Pacific International Exposition--San Francisco, Calif.)--(1915 :
- - Plazas--California--San Francisco
- - Copyright: no reg.
- - Appearing: Theodore Roosevelt, Richard M. Hurd.
- - Duration: 1:53 at 18 fps.
- - Unrelated footage of TR speaking at the Panama-Pacific International Exposition ca. ft. 43-48.
- - On May 27, 1916, shortly before the Republican Party and Progressive Party conventions, the newly formed Roosevelt Non-Partisan League sponsors a demonstration of support for TR at Sagamore Hill. Many prominent men are included in the over 2,000 people who traveled from New York City to Oyster Bay to see TR and hear him speak on "Americanism." Panning shots of crowd gathered around porch; TR shakes hands. The man who appears to be addressing TR may be Richard M. Hurd, chairman of the committee which arranged the demonstration. TR addresses the crowd. At ca. ft. 43, there is a brief sequence of TR speaking in the Court of the Universe at the Panama-Pacific International Exposition in San Francisco, on July 21, 1915. Final views of TR speaking at Sagamore Hill.
- - MAVIS 12990. DLC
- - Sources used: The New York herald, 5/28/16, sec. 1, pt. 3, p. 5; New York tribune, 5/28/16, pt. 1, p. 1-2; 6/4/16, pt. 5, p. 1; Harvard University Library, Theodore Roosevelt Collection.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Received: 5/68 from USDA lab; viewing print and dupe neg; preservation; Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection.
- - Received: 1967; transferred to LC from NPS, NPS acquired from RMA, RMA purchased from William Fox; transferred to safety from LC nitrate at USDA lab: 5/1968.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 51 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. viewing print.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 51 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. dupe neg.
- Call Number
- FAB 0948 (viewing print)
- FRA 5906 (dupe neg)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- trmp 4151 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mbrsmi/trmp.4151
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are made available here with permission from the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 719, Oyster Bay, N.Y. 11771 (Internet address: email@example.com):The Story of the Panama Canal 
T. R.'s Return from Africa, 1910 
A Visit to Theodore Roosevelt at His Home at Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay, L.I., 1912
Roosevelt, Friend of the Birds 
The Roosevelt Dam 
The River of Doubt .
Permission may be needed from the Theodore Roosevelt Association before using these films for other purposes.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.