Film, Video King Albert of Belgium visits TR's grave, October, 1919 /
Articles and Essays with this item:
Memorial Rites and Ceremonies
Oyster Bay (N.Y.)
- King Albert of Belgium visits TR's grave, October, 1919 /
- Created / Published
- United States : Fox Film Corp., 1919.
- Subject Headings
- - Memorial rites and ceremonies
- - Oyster Bay (N.Y.)
- - Roosevelt, Theodore,--1858-1919--Tomb
- - Copyright: no reg.
- - Originally part of the newsreel series, Fox news, according to the Theodore Roosevelt Association film collection catalog, p. 34.
- - Ref print is longer than arch pos and dupe neg due to longer printing of second interior title. DLC
- - Image is blurred on ref print. DLC
- - Appearing: King Albert of Belgium, Crown Prince Leopold of Belgium, Theodore Roosevelt, Jr., Brand Whitlock.
- - Duration: 0:45 at 18 fps.
- - King Albert visits Theodore Roosevelt's grave in Youngs Memorial Cemetery, Oyster Bay, and is accompanied by his son Prince Leopold, Theodore Roosevelt, Jr., and several dignitaries. Identified in film are Brand Whitlock, Ambassador to Belgium, walking in the rear of the group, and a man who may be Joseph M. Nye walking beside King Albert. Interior title states that King Albert requested that no pictures be taken at gravesite. Film contains only shots of the King's party walking from the grave and of Theodore Roosevelt, Jr., King Albert, and an unidentified man sitting in an open car ready to depart.
- - Source used: P&P portrait file.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Received: 5/1968 from USDA lab; ref print, dupe neg; preservation; Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection.
- - Received: 1967; transferred to LC from NPS, NPS acquired from RMA, RMA purchased from Wm. Fox; ref print longer than arch pos and dupe neg due to longer printing of second interior title; transferred to safety from LC nitrate at USDA lab: 5/1968.
- 1 reel of 1 (21 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. ref print.
- 1 reel of 1 (19 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. dupe neg.
- 1 reel of 1 (19 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. arch pos.
- Call Number
- FAB 0996 (ref print)
- FRA 5979 (neg)
- FRA 5980 (arch pos)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- trmp 4124 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mbrsmi/trmp.4124
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are made available here with permission from the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 719, Oyster Bay, N.Y. 11771 (Internet address: email@example.com):The Story of the Panama Canal 
T. R.'s Return from Africa, 1910 
A Visit to Theodore Roosevelt at His Home at Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay, L.I., 1912
Roosevelt, Friend of the Birds 
The Roosevelt Dam 
The River of Doubt .
Permission may be needed from the Theodore Roosevelt Association before using these films for other purposes.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film
Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division