Film, Video TR's sons' regiments during war, 1917-1918  /
Articles and Essays with this item:
Aerial Operations, American
Artillery Operations, American
- TR's sons' regiments during war, 1917-1918  /
- Other Title
- Theodore Roosevelt's sons' regiments during war, 1917-1918 
- theodore roosevelt's sons' regiments during war, 1917-1918 
- Created / Published
- United States : [s.n., 1918?].
- Subject Headings
- - World War, 1914-1918--Campaigns
- - World War, 1914-1918--Aerial operations, American
- - World War, 1914-1918--Artillery operations, American
- - United States.--Army.--Infantry
- - United States.--Army.--Air Service
- - United States.--Army.--Field Artillery
- - Soldiers--United States
- - Airplanes, Military--United States
- - Artillery--United States
- - Copyright: no reg.
- - Dates in title unverified.
- - Duration: 2:13 at 16 fps.
- - Soldiers walk in formation on a road accompanied by several mounted men. Because of the soldiers' heavy clothing, it must be winter. This group may be the 26th Infantry, Theodore and Archibald Roosevelt's regiment. Following sequence is of biplanes flying in formation; third sequence is shot at a hangar where men appear to be preparing a plane for flight. The second and third sequences may be of Quentin Roosevelt's squadron, the 95th. The last sequence probably represents Kermit Roosevelt's regiment, the 7th Field Artillery. In this sequence a group of men load and fire a cannon. Location undetermined; film, or portions of it, probably shot in France.
- - MAVIS 12991. DLC
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Sources used: Roosevelt, Theodore, Average Americans, 1919, p. 23; Buckley, Harold, Squadron 95, 1933, p. 166; [Fullerton, Charles B.] The Twenty-sixth Infantry in France, 1919, p. 100.
- - Received: 5/1968 from USDA lab; viewing print, dupe neg; preservation; Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection.
- - Received: 1967; transferred to LC from NPS, NPS acquired from RMA, RMA purchased from Signal Corps; transferred to safety from LC nitrate at USDA lab: 5/1968.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 53 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. viewing print.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 53 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. dupe neg.
- Call Number
- FAB 1127 (viewing print)
- FRA 6066 (dupe neg)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- trmp 4171 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mbrsmi/trmp.4171
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are made available here with permission from the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 719, Oyster Bay, N.Y. 11771 (Internet address: email@example.com):The Story of the Panama Canal 
T. R.'s Return from Africa, 1910 
A Visit to Theodore Roosevelt at His Home at Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay, L.I., 1912
Roosevelt, Friend of the Birds 
The Roosevelt Dam 
The River of Doubt .
Permission may be needed from the Theodore Roosevelt Association before using these films for other purposes.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.