Film, Video Mrs. Theodore Roosevelt Jr. attends Women in War Work Congress in Paris  /
Young Men's Christian Associations
- Mrs. Theodore Roosevelt Jr. attends Women in War Work Congress in Paris  /
- During World War I, Mrs. Theodore Roosevelt, Jr. worked for the YMCA in France running canteens, clubs, and leave centers for soldiers and teaching French. She also designed the uniforms worn by the women workers in the YMCA. Views of Mrs. Roosevelt entertaining women YMCA workers in the garden of the home of her aunt, Mrs. Alice Green Hoffman, in Paris. There are medium close shots of Mrs. Roosevelt, the woman not wearing a hat, as she stands among a group of women.
- Created / Published
- United States : Mutual Film Corp., 1918.
- Subject Headings
- - World War, 1914-1918--War work--Young Men's Christian associations
- - World War, 1914-1918--Women
- - Paris (France)--History--1914-1918
- - Copyright: no reg.
- - Roosevelt Memorial Association lists dates in title as 1917-1918.
- - Mutual Film Corp. produced and released Screen telegram from Mar.-Nov., 1918.
- - Appearing: Mrs. Theodore Roosevelt, Jr.
- - Duration: 0:34 at 20 fps.
- - Roosevelt Memorial Association number: RMA 315-04-05.
- - MAVIS 13085; Mrs. Theodore Roosevelt Jr. attends Women in War Work Congress in Paris .
- - Sources used: Roosevelt, Eleanor Butler Alexander, "Day before yesterday," 1959:76-118; P&P portrait file; United States National Archives and Records Service Audiovisual Archives Division; United States War Dept. General Staff; Catalogue of official A.E.F. photographs taken by the Signal Corps. 1919:226; Motion Picture World, v. 38.2, p. 988.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - National Park Service acquired from Roosevelt Memorial Association; RMA purchased from International Newsreel Company; Flash title.
- - viewing print, dupe neg; Received: May 1976 from LC film lab; preservation; Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection.
- viewing print. 1 film reel (40 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg. 1 film reel (40 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- Call Number
- FEA 7304 (viewing print)
- FPB 7601 (dupe neg)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- trmp 4088 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mbrsmi/trmp.4088
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are made available here with permission from the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 719, Oyster Bay, N.Y. 11771 (Internet address: email@example.com):The Story of the Panama Canal 
T. R.'s Return from Africa, 1910 
A Visit to Theodore Roosevelt at His Home at Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay, L.I., 1912
Roosevelt, Friend of the Birds 
The Roosevelt Dam 
The River of Doubt .
Permission may be needed from the Theodore Roosevelt Association before using these films for other purposes.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.