Film, Video Theodore Roosevelt /
Articles and Essays with this item:
- Theodore Roosevelt /
- Other Title
- Theodore Roosevelt leaving the White House
- Hon. Theo. Roosevelt, Ass't Sec'y, U.S. Navy leaving White House
- Honorable Theodore Roosevelt, Assistant Secretary, United States Navy leaving White House
- TR as Assistant Secretary of the Navy leaving the White House, 1897
- Theodore Roosevelt as Assistant Secretary of the Navy leaving the White House, 1897
- theodore roosevelt leaving the white house
- hon. theo. roosevelt, ass't sec'y, u.s. navy leaving white house
- honorable theodore roosevelt, assistant secretary, united states navy leaving white house
- tr as assistant secretary of the navy leaving the white house, 1897
- theodore roosevelt as assistant secretary of the navy leaving the white house, 1897
- Created / Published
- United States : American Mutoscope Co., 1898.
- Subject Headings
- - Roosevelt, Theodore,--1858-1919
- - Copyright: American Mutoscope & Biograph Co.; 22Jan1903; H27382.
- - Appearing: Theodore Roosevelt.
- - Duration: 0:15 at 16 fps.
- - TR, in formal dress with hat, walks down the steps of the Treasury Building in Washington, D.C. and turns and walks toward the stationary camera. The south portico of the White House is visible through trees in background.
- - This may be the first motion picture taken of Theodore Roosevelt.
- - Roosevelt Memorial Association numbers: RMA 306-01-05; RMA 306-01-05A. DLC
- - MAVIS 12869; Theodore Roosevelt. DLC
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912; Niver, K.R. Early motion pictures, 1985; American Film Institute catalog, film beginnings, 1893-1910, A.15387; White-Henson and Gillespie, The Theodore Roosevelt Association Film Collection.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - 35 mm. viewing print and masterpos; Received: Sept. 1976 from LC film lab; preservation; Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection.
- - 16 mm. viewing print and dupe neg; Received: May 1968 from USDA lab; preservation; Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection.
- - Received: 1967; transferred to LC from NPS, NPS acquired from RMA, gift to RMA from Biograph and Paramount; nitrate deterioration; transferred to safety from LC nitrate at USDA lab: May 1968 and LC lab: Sept. 1976; paper: (c) deposit;.titles added during restoration; film copied from paper by Niver: 1962-12-27.
- viewing print. 1 film reel of 1 (6 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- viewing print. 1 film reel of 1 (15 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg. 1 film reel of 1 (6 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg (copy 2) 1 film reel of 1 (6 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- masterpos. 1 film reel of 1 (15 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- masterpos (copy 2) 1 film reel of 1 (15 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- Call Number
- FAB 1229 (viewing print)
- FEA 7826 (viewing print)
- FRA 6182 (dupe neg)
- FRA 6183 (dupe neg, copy 2)
- FPB 8058 (masterpos)
- FPB 9689 (masterpos, copy 2)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- trmp 4099 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mbrsmi/trmp.4099
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are made available here with permission from the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 719, Oyster Bay, N.Y. 11771 (Internet address: firstname.lastname@example.org):The Story of the Panama Canal 
T. R.'s Return from Africa, 1910 
A Visit to Theodore Roosevelt at His Home at Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay, L.I., 1912
Roosevelt, Friend of the Birds 
The Roosevelt Dam 
The River of Doubt .
Permission may be needed from the Theodore Roosevelt Association before using these films for other purposes.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.