Film, Video TR's return from Africa, 1910  /
Articles and Essays with this item:
- TR's return from Africa, 1910  /
- Other Title
- Theodore Roosevelt's return from Africa, 1910 
- Roosevelt's return from Africa
- theodore roosevelt's return from africa, 1910 
- roosevelt's return from africa
- TR returns from his African hunting trip through the countries of Sudan, France, Denmark, Norway, Germany, Great Britain, and finally his reception in New York City. There are views of: 1) his riverboat on the Nile River in Sudan; 2) TR's visit in Paris with French Ambassador Jules Jusserand, Gen. Jean B. Dalstein, American Ambassador Robert Bacon, and Mrs. Bacon; his trip to Issy-les-Moulineaux; TR reviewing French troops with Jusserand, Bacon, and Dalstein at Vincennes on Apr. 27, 1910; and TR leaving the University of Paris (Sorbonne) on Apr. 23, 1910; 3) TR with Prince Christian and others in Denmark May 2-3, 1910; 4) TR and King Haakon in Christiania (now Oslo) on May 4-6, 1910; 5) views of Berlin including the Brandenburg Gate and the Reichstag; TR, Kaiser Wilhelm, the Kaiserin, and others leaving the University of Berlin on May 12, 1910; 6) the funeral cortege at Windsor on May 20, 1910; identified in the processional, left to right, walking in rows are: Kaiser Wilhelm of Germany, King George V of England, and the Duke of Connaught; the Duke of Cornwall (later King Edward VIII) and Prince Albert (later King George VI); two rows of the King's aides; King Alfonso XII of Spain, King George I of Greece, and King Haakon VII of Norway; King Manuel II of Portugal, King Frederik VIII of Denmark, and King Ferdinand I of Bulgaria; Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria, King Albert I of Belgium, and Prince Yusuf Izzedin of Turkey; the Duke of Aosta, Grand Duke Michael Alexandrovitch of Russia, and Prince Sadanaru Fushimi of Japan; the Crown Prince of Rumania (later King Carol II), the Duke of Sparta (later King Constantine I of Greece), and probably Prince Rupprecht of Bavaria; Crown Prince of Serbia (later Peter I), Duke Albrecht of Wurtemberg, and Prince Henry of the Netherlands; the Grand Duke of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, the Grand Duke of Hesse, and Prince Henry of Prussia; Crown Prince George of Saxony, the Duke of Saxe-Coburg, and Prince Charles (later King Gustav VI) of Sweden; probably the Prince of Waldeck, probably Prince Tsai-tao of China, and Prince Mohammed Ali of Egypt; Prince Christian of Schleswig-Holstein, Prince Arthur of Connaught, and Prince Albert of Schleswig-Holstein; Prince Alexander of Battenburg; Prince George of Cumberland, and the Duke of Fife; TR is visible at the end of the procession; 7) TR's arrival in New York City, his greeting by Mayor William J. Gaynor, Cornelius Vanderbilt, Henry Cabot Lodge, and William Loeb, his speech at the Battery, and the parade in his honor.
- Created / Published
- United States : Roosevelt Memorial Association Film Library, [1925?].
- Subject Headings
- - Heads of state
- - Kings and rulers
- - Brandenburger Tor (Berlin, Germany)
- - Reichstagsgebäude (Berlin, Germany)
- - Denmark
- - Oslo (Norway)
- - Streets--Germany
- - Edward--VII,--King of Great Britain,--1841-1910--Death and burial
- - Roosevelt, Theodore,--1858-1919--Speeches, addresses, etc., American
- - Copyright: no reg.
- - Duration: 4:40 (part 1), 3:48 (part 2), 4:38 (part 3), 3:41 (part 4), 4:22 (part 5), 3:52 (part 6), 3:31 (part 7) at 18 fps.
- - Editor, Mae Manning.
- - Donor's inventory numbers: RMA 325-8; RMA 325-9.
- - MAVIS 13307; TR's return from Africa, 1910 .
- - Sources used: Roosevelt Memorial Association. Annual report. 1925, p. 18; Roosevelt Memorial Association. Theodore Roosevelt's return from Africa (script); Theodore Roosevelt film catalog, p. 117.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - viewing print, dupe neg pic; Received: June 1976 from LC lab; preservation; Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection.
- - Received: 1967; transferred to LC from NPS, NPS acquired from RMA; transferred to safety from LC nitrate at LC lab: June 1976.
- viewing print. 2 film reels of 2 (ca. 1,927 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg pic. 2 film reels of 2 (ca. 1,927 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- Call Number
- FEA 9051-9052 (viewing print)
- FPB 4601-4602 (dupe neg pic)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- trmp 4111s1 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mbrsmi/trmp.4111
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are made available here with permission from the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 719, Oyster Bay, N.Y. 11771 (Internet address: firstname.lastname@example.org):The Story of the Panama Canal 
T. R.'s Return from Africa, 1910 
A Visit to Theodore Roosevelt at His Home at Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay, L.I., 1912
Roosevelt, Friend of the Birds 
The Roosevelt Dam 
The River of Doubt .
Permission may be needed from the Theodore Roosevelt Association before using these films for other purposes.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.