Books The dancing master; or, Directions for dancing country dances with the tunes to each dance, for the treble-violin
Printed by J. Heptinstall, for H. Playford
Country Dances (Music)
Dance Instruction and Technical Manuals
Early Works to 1800
Handbooks, Manuals, Etc
Music for Dance
Notation for Dance
- The dancing master; or, Directions for dancing country dances with the tunes to each dance, for the treble-violin
- Other Title
- directions for dancing country dances
- Created / Published
- Printed by J. Heptinstall, for H. Playford, London], 1698, monographic.
- Subject Headings
- - Dance -- England -- Handbooks, manuals, etc -- Early works to 1800
- - Country-dances
- - Violin music
- - Dance Instruction and Technical Manuals
- - Notation for Dance
- - Music for Dance
- - Vol. 2, 2d ed., has imprint: Printed for H. Playford, 1698.
- - First ed. published 1651 [i.e. 1650] under title: The English dancing-master.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as facsimile page images. (additional physical form)
- electronic resource
- 2 v. in 1. 11 x 20 cm.
- Music Division
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
American Ballroom Companion: Dance Instruction Manuals, Ca. 1490 to 1920
The Library of Congress Celebrates the Songs of America
Performing Arts Encyclopedia