Books Asa Willcox's book of figures, 1793 multigraphed from a manuscript in the possession of the Newberry Library
Dance Instruction and Technical Manuals
- Asa Willcox's book of figures, 1793 multigraphed from a manuscript in the possession of the Newberry Library
- Contributor Names
- Willcox, Asa.
- Created / Published
- Chicago, , monographic.
- Subject Headings
- - Country-dance -- Handbooks, manuals, etc -- Early works to 1800
- - Dance Instruction and Technical Manuals
- - "The 'Book of figures' is a little manuscript that has recently been presented to the Newberry Library by the Librarian. The book appears to be a guide such as would be used by a fiddler or other musician in calling off the successive movements of dances. It was found some years ago in the attic of an old house in one of the smaller towns in Hartford County, Connecticut."--Foreword.
- - "150 copies multigraphed, October, 1918."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as facsimile page images and full text. (additional physical form)
- electronic resource
- v, 9 numb. l. 27 cm.
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Music Division
- Other Formats