The National lines before Washington : a map exhibiting the defences of the national capital and positions of the several divisions of the grand Union Army : supplement to the New-York times : New York, Saturday, December 7, 1861.
- The National lines before Washington : a map exhibiting the defences of the national capital and positions of the several divisions of the grand Union Army : supplement to the New-York times : New York, Saturday, December 7, 1861.
- Created Published
- [New York, N.Y.] : New York Times, 1861.
- Subject Headings
- - Fortification--Washington (D.C.)
- - Virginia--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- - Washington (D.C.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- - United States--Virginia.
- - United States--Washington (D.C.)
- - Includes text.
- - Inset: "Port Royal and Tybee Island."
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows forts, batteries, and territory occupied by 8 Union divisions, extending from Washington to Virginia, ending at the north near Great Falls and southward to the mouth of the Accotink Creek.
- - This item is in the Map Collection of the Library of Virginia; please contact the Library's Archives Research Services department for more information.
- - Bosse, D. Civil War newspaper maps, 1353
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Oct. 2001, J. Hart (1929), b, ALE.
- 1 Map : Mounted On Paper, 24 X 35 Cm., On Sheet 56 X 40 Cm.
- Library of Virginia Richmond, VA 23219-8000 USA vau For copies contact: Archives Research Services.
- Digital Id
- glva01 lva00022 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.ndlpcoop/glva01.lva00022
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.