Map showing the location of battle fields of Virginia /
Chesapeake and Ohio Railway Company
- Map showing the location of battle fields of Virginia /
- Contributor Names
- Chesapeake and Ohio Railway Company.
- Created Published
- [S.l.] : Chesapeake & Ohio Railway Co., c1892
- Subject Headings
- - Virginia.--History--Maps.--Civil War, 1861-1865
- - United States--Virginia.
- - "Poole Bros., Engr's, Chicago"--lower left corner.
- - Letters and numbers on border of map suggest an index is meant to accompany map. This library lacks index. VIC
- - List of battle fields of Virginia on verso of map.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Similar to no. 504, LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.)
- - This item is in the Map Collection of the Library of Virginia; please contact the Library's Archives Research Services department for more information.
- - Shows Civil War battlefields (1861-1865), Chesapeake & Ohio Railroad lines, distinguishing between those which are pre-war and post-war, other railroads during the war, plank roads, turnpikes, other roads and light houses.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - c. 1, Sept. 1966, source unknown; c. 2 photocopy, LVA; Feb. 2003, Map Cataloging Team.
- - C. 1, map accession no. 2333 (1966); c. 2 (negative photostat, LVA, approx. 17 x 21 in.)
- - Civil War project no.: lva00098.
- - Conservation: copy 1 Etherington Conservation Center, Dec. 2002.
- - Digital image available: 24 x 20 in.
- - Previously filed as: 755 M6 1861-1865 1891.
- 1 Map : Col., Mounted On Paper ; 50 X 60 Cm., On Sheet 53 X 63 Cm.
- Library of Virginia Richmond, VA 23219-8000 USA vau For copies contact: Archives Research Services.
- Digital Id
- glva01 lva00098 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.ndlpcoop/glva01.lva00098
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.