Bach Aria Group Collection
Bach Aria Group
- Bach Aria Group Collection
- The collection contains the performance library and organizational papers of the Bach Aria Group, whose charter is to promote the study and performance of the music of J.S. Bach. The group was founded in 1946 by William Scheide; Samuel Baron [see Baron Collection at LC] directed the ensemble for many years, from 1980-1997 . The collection consists of music of J.S. Bach and others (primarily arrangements); correspondence (1981-1997) primarily with state and local government and John Gingrich Artist Management); Arts-in Education files (1986-1995); press materials; translations of German text; financial records and business papers.
- Subject Headings
- - Chamber Music
- - Choral Music
- - Sacred Music
- - Bach, J.S.
- - Baron, Samuel
- - Baron, Carol
- - Scheide, William
- - Bach Aria Group
- - 6,000 Papers; 1,000 Photos; 300 Printed Music (Contents)
- - No (microfilm available)
- - Bach Aria Group Collection, Music Division, Library of Congress. (Preferred Citation)
- - Bach Aria Group Collection (sort)
- - Performance library and organizational papers of a noted performing arts organization. (browse display)
- - Researchers wishing to work with special collections are advised to inquire in advance about availability of material since many special collections are stored off-site. (Access Permissions)
- - Certain restrictions to use or copying of materials may apply. (copyright)
- 44 Ft.
- 68 Boxes
- Music Division, Library of Congress
- Other Formats