Books General order no. 11. Declaring order of General Hunter Emancipating Slaves void, etc.
Seward, William Henry
- General order no. 11. Declaring order of General Hunter Emancipating Slaves void, etc.
- Contributor Names
- Lincoln, Abraham (Author)
- Created / Published
- Washington, D. C., May 19, 1862
- Subject Headings
- - Slavery
- - Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865
- - abolition
- - Seward, William Henry (1801-1872)
- - proclamation
- - martial law
- - Hunter, David (1802-1886)
- - government publication
- - Broadsides
- - United States -- District of Columbia -- Washington
- - United States -- Florida
- - United States -- Georgia
- - United States -- South Carolina -- Beaufort -- Hilton Head
- government publication
- 18.4 x 11.7 cm.
- Call Number
- Portfolio 16, no. 28
- Source Collection
- The Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana
- Rare Book And Special Collections Division
- Digital Id
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions for the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division, Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.