Photos, Prints, Drawings [Lincoln portrait possibly based on Meserve 22.]
Photos, Prints, Drawings
Lincoln Portrait Of
Ward, Marcus Lawrence
- [Lincoln portrait possibly based on Meserve 22.]
- Contributor Names
- Church, William (Artist)
- Created / Published
- n. d.
- Subject Headings
- - Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865
- - Ward, Marcus Lawrence (1812-1884)
- - Lincoln-portrait of
- - Photographs
- - Portraits
- - United States -- Illinois -- Sangamon -- Springfield
- - Based on a photograph of the ambrotype made by William Church in Springfield on May 20, 1860. This portrait had no wide circulation, as they were made for Mr. J. Brown of Philadelphia, who used them in painting a portrait of the nominee. [The Photographs of Abraham Lincoln, Frederick Hill Meserve, Carl Sandburg, Harcourt, Brace & Co., 1944.]
- - According to Meserve no 22, the maker is unknown.
- - Bottom of print: From an ambrotype taken for Marcus L. Ward (afterward Governor of New Jersey) in Springfield, Ill., May 20, 1860 after Mr. Lincoln's first nomination.
- 32 x 25.2 cm
- Call Number
- Portfolio 4, no. 76
- Source Collection
- The Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana
- Rare Book And Special Collections Division
- Digital Id
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions for the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division, Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.